Your desktop is the safest place to store everything. Your files, your documents, your images, and many other things. Now, it is not possible to take your desktop everywhere you go. That is why remote access comes into play. In this article, you can get some perfect ways to control pc from remote location like you are sitting in front of it. These processes are free from remote access risks and you can access your PC from anywhere.
Why Do You Need Remote Access?
There are multiple times when we need something that is on our PC. Our PC is customized to our needs. We can’t find the required things on any other computer. That is why you require remote access to your PC. Many of us think about remote access security risks. But you don’t need to care about risks when benefits are so appealing.
Remote Access security
The most problematic remote access risk is that it can provide access to a hacker. Your data may be breached. But, you don’t need to worry as there are multiple ways where you can provide access to your remote access security. Those steps are really easy. Only, setting up a firewall or Antivirus or providing a multi-factor security login facility can solve your issue.
Ways to Control Your PC from a Remote Location
Well, there are the best three ways to get remote access to your PC. We have curated this section to provide you with some of the ways to get access to your desktop without any remote access security risks. The most popular three ways are:
- Windows to Windows
- Mac to Mac
Windows to Windows
Windows have their in-built Remote Desktop Connection. It has high control and does not have many security risks if your Windows Firewall is enabled. You need to have Windows Professional or above to get this feature. Windows Home or Home Basic users will not have this facility.
- On your PC, that you want to access remotely, you need to click on the start menu first. At the search bar, type “Allow remote Access”
- After that, choose option “Allow Remote Access to this Computer”
- You will get a window on the right with two options. You need to choose one depending on how you want to access your PC
- If you want to access it from another Windows 7 machine, then you must opt for “Allow Connection Only from the remote desktop with network-level Authentication.” That is a more secure option.
- If you want to access this machine from another program or version of Windows, then you must go for, “Allow Connection from any version of Windows” option.
- On the other computer, you need to go to the start menu and search for Remote Desktop.
- After that you need to choose remote desktop Connections.
- Type in the name of the PC you need to access. The name is what you have given at the time of installation of your OS. If you can’t remember the name, you must right click on Computer after going to the Start Menu and scroll down to find your PC.
- Click on Connect and log in with your username and passwords. You can gain access to your home computer.
Bear in mind, this method is only applicable for computers connected over the same network. Fore computers with different networks, make sure to follow the steps down below:
- From the home computer, you need to log in to your router’s administration page and need to forward TCP port 3389 to the computer you need to access.
- You can find the public IP from http://whatismyip.org/
- Keep a note of the IP address.
- Head over to the computer you want access. Search for Allow Remote Access option and then from the two options, choose as per the way shown above.
- From the other PC, look for a remote desktop. Select remote desktop connection, provide the IP address or the domain range.
- Click connect and provide user id and password to connect.
MAC to MAC
While connecting within the same network, follow these steps:
1. On the PC you want to access remotely, go to System Preferences, and click on the Sharing pane.
2. Check in the box that says screen sharing.
3. On the remote computer, open the finder & scroll down to share. Find name of computer that you want to connect to under “All” option.
4. Double click & click the screen share option
5. Login with username & password.
While connecting from different networks:
1. From the home computer, log in to the router administration page and forward both TCP 7 UDP port 5900 to the other PC.
2. Find your computer’s public IP as stated in the Windows section.
3. On the home computer, go to system preferences, click on the Sharing pane and check the screen sharing option.
4. On the other PC, Go to Finder > Connect to server. Type vnc://12.345.678.90 using the IP address. Click connect, use username, password.
If you are looking forward to third-party software with cross-platform functionality Cloud Tuneup Pro is just the right choice for you. It is a web-based application, that enables both home and business users to connect seamlessly. Some of the features of Cloud Tuneup Pro includes:
- Enables users to optimize and monitor various systems in one place.
- Improves system performance through scheduled optimization.
- Ability to detect and remove large files with ease.
- The system protector enables the detection and removal of malicious items.
- With the event tab, users can keep a tab of all the activities with date and time modifications.
The Bottom Line
All the above-mentioned steps are some of the best ways to remotely control your computer. Our recommendation would be to go with Cloud Tuneup Pro to discard all the remote access risks. With their easy to understand and intuitive UI, anyone can use the application seamlessly.
Hope this helps.
Also read about: Fix: The Disk you Inserted was not Readable by this Computer