Are you a fan of Kodi? Then you’re probably familiar with the last version Kodi 18 Leia? If not, that’s alright, this guide will brush you up with all the latest on Kodi, and how you can install it on the most popular devices. However, our main focus needs to lie on the latest Kodi Matrix version 19, which is the current version of the service.
But, how different will it be compared to the older version? Keep reading and find out all about it!
What’s new on Kodi?
For those of you who are new to this, Kodi is one of the most popular and free open-source media players. It is pretty much the hub of all entertainment. For those living in regions surrounding major geo-restrictions, Kodi is the number one platform to sideload numerous add-ons, leading you to third-party content.
For instance, you’ll be able to add add-ons like certain Netflix content, Hulu, Crunchy Roll, or other services to the content library that you wouldn’t otherwise get for free. Even though the last Kodi version 18 Leia was great, it came with a few major flaws. However, the latest version is said to come with better changes, with main focus lining around bug fixes.
The new Kodi 19 Matrix will be released in 2021, after being under development for the past 2 years. The latest version is said to focus mainly on bug fixes and maintenance rather than adding any new features. The developers are now using Python 3, which is said to be a more secure and smoother. If you’re looking for the current details on the product, which is still under beta testing, take a look below:
The Kodi 19 Matrix features
- Improved browser support
- Improved music, games, and audio/video libraries.
- Rejuvenated AirPlay support
- Samsung smart TV support
- Advanced 3D video support
- Advanced improvements to Estuary.
- Various improvements made to the security suite
- Integrations with official third-party apps like Amazon Video, Disney Plus, Sky Sports, BBC iPlayer etc.
- Improved smart home integration
These are only a glimpse of what Kodi 19 Matrix will be like. If you’re looking for a tutorial on how to download and install it on Firestick since it’s the most popular platform for Kodi, take a look below. Before we begin, you also need to stay clear of the fact that Kodi is a third-party app, and is often susceptible to cyberattacks. For this reason, before downloading it, make sure you’re connected to a reliable VPN that supports Kodi. Only then should you proceed with the steps.
How to download and install Kodi 19 Matrix on Firestick
There are two methods, one is through the Downloader app, and the other through ES File Explorer.
- Start up your Firestick and then go to the home screen.
- Go into your “Settings.”
- Click on either “My Fire TV” or “My device” when you see the options.
- Then, select on “Developer Options”
- Enable the “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Now, click on “Turn On”
- Head back to your home screen and click on the search icon or the magnifying glass.
- Now, look for the “Downloader” app. Since it’s not available on the Amazon Store, you’re going to have to sideload it.
- When you find the right app, click on “Download or Get.”
- Next, click on Open.
- Now, enter in the Kodi 19 Matrix download link “http://bit.ly/3ceob8n” into the URL path field, and then click on Go.
- The file will begin to download.
- Once it’s downloaded, click on “Install” to go to the next step.
- Wait for a short time and then launch the Kodi app by clicking on “Open.”
ES File Explorer method
This is an alternative step to downloading and installing Kodi on your Firestick device, just in case the downloader method doesn’t work.
- Start up your Firestick / Fire TV device.
- Go to your home screen, click on the magnifying glass icon and look for “ES File Explorer.”
- When you find the right app, click on it.
- Then, click on “Get.”
- Wait for the ES File Explorer app to download and when that’s done, click on “Download Manager.”
- You’ll see a “+New” sign towards the bottom of the screen, so click on that.
- You’ll be prompted by a pop-up window. Following the on screen instructions and then enter the link “http://bit.ly/3ceob8n” in the URL path field.
- Click on “Download Now” to continue.
- Once downloaded, launch Kodi 19 Matrix on your Firestick and have fun with libraries of entertainment! However, be careful of the kinds of add-ons you download. Just in case you need an idea of the best Kodi add-ons to use with Kodi 19 Matrix, take a look below:
Kodi 19 Matrix add-ons
- Adult Swim
- CBC Radio
- iTunes Podcasts
- Pluto TV
- ABC Family
- Rai Play
- Classic Cinema
- USTV Now
- Fox Sports
- Sky Sports
- Daily motion
- BBC iPlayer
Kodi is a great source of entertainment, and its new version has promised to bring about many changes that the older version lacked. The main focus on the new updates is mainly directed to fixing up the old version, rather than adding newer features. The beta version of the app is out, but we’ll just have to wait until 2021 to see the whole thing!