With YouTube Premieres, you and your viewers can watch and experience a new video together in real time. Create news for your premiere by sharing the viewing page so that viewers can set reminders, chat, and leave comments.
Create a premiere
Viewers can watch the premiere on any platform, including computers, iPhone, iPad, Android and the mobile web.
- Go to studio.YouTube.com on your computer.
- At the top, click Create, and then click Upload Videos.
- Select the video to upload and enter the video details.
- Note: 360 / vr180 or output over 1080p is not supported for Premieres
- To instantly reward the video, click Save or Publish, and then click Public, and then click Set Instant Premiere The video will premiere when the video is complete.
- To schedule the premiere for later, click Schedule, enter the date and time, and then set as the premiere.
- Click Done or Schedule.
Tip: You can also create a premiere when you upload a video from the YouTube app. On the Set Visibility page, choose Set as Premiere.
What happens when you create a premiere?
Before the premiere begins
A public viewing page will be created, and your video will be premiered. You can share the monitoring page URL because the monitoring page will be public before the premiere begins. Premieres are displayed as normal uploads on YouTube. You can find them in search, on the home page and in video recommendations.
Anyone can access the viewing page and set a reminder, leave a comment, or chat (also provide super chats if enabled). If you have uploaded a trailer, it will be played.
During your premiere
A countdown theme starts 2 minutes before the premiere. When the countdown is over, viewers watch the video together in real time. Viewers can rewind the video, but can’t override what was shown live.
You and your viewers can continue to interact in comments and live chat.
After your premiere
After the video is released, it will remain on your channel as a regular upload. The countdown theme will not be included in the video. Chat is available for viewers who want to experience Premiere Chat after it is over. You can turn off chat at any time.
You can also use YouTube Analytics in YouTube Studio to see the performance of the Premiere. The number of times the Premiere was watched is then transferred to the video.
Few Tips to follow:
- Personalize your premiere by monetizing the premiere or displaying a trailer on the watch page before the premiere begins.
- Guide your audience to the live stream. Lead your audience to a live stream by posting a chat message with the link.
- Increase your excitement by sending your audience from a live stream to a premiere.
- Share the URL of your Premiere monitoring page on social media.
- Set your premiere as a channel trailer. Learn how to change the look of your channel.
- Encourage your audience to set a reminder by leaving a comment or chat on your watch page. When someone sets a reminder, they will receive a notification about 30 minutes before the premiere and another time it starts.